Jacquelyn Wonder Fund
*Please note that this application is just for NFP staff to fill out.
The Daisy Award for Colorado Nurse-Family Partnership
The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary compassionate and skillful care given by nurses every day. Invest in Kids is proud to be a DAISY Award Partner, recognizing one of our nurses and teams with this special honor twice yearly.
DAISY Award honorees consistently demonstrate excellence through their expertise and extraordinary compassionate care. They are recognized as outstanding role models in our NFP community.
Individual Nurse Leader Award: The Nurse Leader Award honors any NFP Nurse, currently practicing, who creates an environment where compassionate, skillful care thrives.
Team Award: The DAISY Team Award is designed to honor collaboration by two or more people, including an NFP Nurse, who identify and meet client needs by going above and beyond the traditional role of nursing.
*Awards will be given twice yearly and will be evaluated separately*
Nomination forms must be filled out completely and must include a written description of a specific situation in which the nurse or team demonstrated one or more of these principles:
- Exemplary Care: Provides exemplary client-centered care with fidelity to the NFP model using evidence-based practice in a therapeutic environment.
- Leadership and Innovation: Displays autonomous and/or collaborative clinical judgment, takes initiative, and participates in quality improvement, and promotes achievement of site goals in optimizing client care.
- Professionalism: Serves as a role model for the profession of nursing, values personal and professional growth, and strives for exemplary professional practice.
DAISY Documentation and Examples
- All Nurse-Home Visitor or Team nomination forms will be received by an Invest in Kids staff member outside of the DAISY Award Committee.
- Nominations will be blinded and reviewed by the Nurse Practice Council and one individual and one team DAISY Honoree will be chosen.
- The Honoree’s agency will be notified and will work with IIK to plan an award celebration.
*The end date for nominations is February 1st
Access the online nomination form here
Please contact Matthew Manning at email@example.com with any questions regarding the nomination process or issues with the nomination forms!