The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
Invest in Kids is bringing recognition of nursing excellence out of the hospital and into the field, giving Nurse-Family Partnership home visitors the opportunity to be celebrated for the difference they make in the lives of mothers and babies.
Have you seen an NFP nurse in action and been blown away? Want to nominate her for the DAISY Award? Here’s what you need to know:
- Anyone currently employed by NFP can nominate any current Colorado NFP nurse or supervisor. If you are a nurse, a supervisor, or an administrative support employee within the NFP program and you think a nurse or nurse supervisor deserves to be acknowledged for the impression she’s made on you and others, we want to hear from you.
- The DAISY is awarded quarterly. You can send nominations to IIK at any time and they will be evaluated at the next quarterly DAISY Award Committee meeting. If the award is granted to another candidate for the current quarter, your nomination will be rolled forward into the next quarter and reevaluated in every cycle for up to a year. The current award cycle for nurse home visitors will conclude on June 31st, 2017.
Supervisor nominations are evaluated separately from nurse home visitor nominations. The DAISY Leadership Award for supervisors is awarded annually and will be evaluated next at the end of the current quarter. Nominate a team or supervisor by June 31st!
- Nominating is easy. All we need is 250 words (or more) describing specifically why your nominee deserves the award. Just look over the criteria above to get an idea of how your candidate exemplifies one or more of those qualities, then tell us your story in one of two ways:
1. Click on the “Nominate” button on this page, tell us about your nominee and why you think she deserves to be recognized (be sure to include your full name and your nominee’s full name), and click “Submit” when you’re done.
2. Click here to get a downloadable version of the nomination form that you can print out. Fill it out and either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Invest in Kids
1775 Sherman St., STE 2075
Denver, CO 80203
Ready to nominate online? Click the “Nominate” button!
Still have questions about the process or the award? Having trouble with the nomination form? Contact Stephanie Helle at email@example.com or 303-839-1808 extension 104.