The mission of YP4Kids is to provide engagement opportunities for young professionals to connect to the work and mission of Invest in Kids, ultimately investing in their development as future leaders in our community. YP4Kids is a young professional community supporting Invest in Kids and providing networking, skill-building, giving and volunteer opportunities for Denver young professionals of all types. Among these are alternating social hours and volunteer opportunities and the annual Jane-A-Thon, YP4Kids’ signature ski and snowboard fundraising event.
Would your company like to be featured here? Contact Annie Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 839-1808 ext.114 to learn more about our YP4Kids sponsorship package.
Wednesday, February 8th, 5:30 – 7:00 pm – February YP4Kids Volunteer Event benefiting The Incredible Years Program at Invest in Kids, 1775 Sherman St., Ste. 2075, Denver, CO 80203 — One of our most popular volunteer activities is back! We’ll be creating feeling cards and thermometers to help The Incredible Years teachers teach children social-emotional skills. Come learn about The Incredible Years program directly from program staff and see the impact you’re making. RSVP to Annie Thompson or join our Facebook event!
Saturday, February 11th, 5:30 – 9:30 pm – Chef Dinner Volunteer Opportunity with top Invest in Kids donors (YP4Kids members only) — A great opportunity for a couple or two friends, you get to to pretend you’re a server at a fancy five-star restaurant, pamper the dinner guests, and enjoy the delicious food prepared by Chef Timothy Jordan! This is also great donor stewardship; you can make a big difference by providing an experience that will make our donors and their guests want to come to our Gala and bid on this item again. First come, first serve. Contact Annie Thompson if interested!
Friday, March 3rd, and Saturday, March 4th – The Invest in Kids 18th Annual Jane-A-Thon at Winter Park Resort – It’s the most fun you’ll have on a mountain while benefiting children! You’ve heard of walks and bike ride fundraisers, but how about a ski and snowboard fundraiser? (This is Colorado after all.) For a $45 registration fee and a commitment to fundraise at least $150 for proven programs that help children thrive, you get a Winter Park lift ticket, lunch voucher, t-shirt, hat, beverage, the apres ski/snowboard party, and the opportunity to compete for individual and team prizes in fundraising, the 16 mogul run challenge, the 16 blue & blue/black run challenge, a costume contest, and more. Go here to learn more and to register!
As a YP4Kids member, you will be an integral part of Invest in Kids’ mission of improving the health and well-being of vulnerable young children and families throughout Colorado. You’ll help us provide life-changing programs and services for 12,000+ children and families like Jesse’s* every year. . . now that’s impact.
*Names have been changed to protect identity.
- Meet and socialize with like-minded people
- Free Admittance to events at local hotspots
- Networking with business and community leaders
- A wide variety of volunteer opportunities
- Leadership opportunities and professional development
- Invitations to exclusive events
- Discounted tickets to our annual Jane-A-Thon and Gala (combined savings of $170).
To become a YP4Kids member, individuals are asked to make an annual give-get pledge of $50 to Invest in Kids. Invest in Kids is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by current tax laws. On a budget? The give-get pledge makes it easy to contribute $50 to Invest in Kids over the course of one year. You don’t have to pay it all upfront and there are multiple options for contributions that qualify. You can do a combination of the following on your schedule:
- A donation directly from you
- Employer matching gifts (Ex: If your company does a 1:1 match, then you can give $25 and they will provide the other half of your membership gift!)
- Corporate sponsorships that you secure for Invest in Kids
- In-kind donations that you secure from businesses for Invest in Kids (Ex: gift cards, vouchers, etc. – valued at $100 or more*)
- Supplies you purchase for approved YP4Kids supply drives (Ex: craft supplies, books, etc. – valued at $100 or more*)
- Jane-A-Thon participation
*Note: Since monetary contributions provide more value for Invest in Kids than in-kind contributions, in-kind contributions (that you donate yourself or secure from businesses) must be an accumulative value of $100 or more to meet the membership gift pledge (or in other words, they count as $0.50 per dollar toward your membership gift pledge). You can mix and match anything of the above. Please contact Annie Thompson at email@example.com with questions.
*Go here and submit the online form to join YP4Kids and become part of the solution for improving the lives of Colorado children and families.
Not sure yet? Feel free to contact Annie with any questions and join our mail list! Then you’ll hear about upcoming events to attend so you can try it out first.
But what if I already give that amount annually? If you are a young professional, then you are automatically a YP4Kids member and entitled to all the benefits of membership! Contact Annie to join our mail list and hear about all the opportunities available for you!
YP4Kids Leadership Committee
Thank you to those young professionals who have stepped up to take a leadership role, volunteering their time to serve on our YP4Kids Leadership Committee. Feel free to contact any of our chairs or committee members with questions. We are now accepting resumes for several Chair-Elect positions, so please contact Katie Ische, the Leadership Chair, if you are interested in serving with this fun and dedicated group!
- Leadership Committee Chair – Katie Ische, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leadership Committee Chair-elect – Patrick Shobe, email@example.com
- Communications Chair – Dannielle Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Co-Chair – Stephanie Layman, email@example.com
- Events Co-Chair – Julia Roake, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Development Chair – Wes Friednash, email@example.com
- Recruitment Chair – Elizabeth Garvey, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Chair – Tyler Clark, email@example.com
- Secretary – Emily Cook, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruitment Chair-Elect
- Communications Chair-Elect
- Volunteerism Chair
- Finance Chair-Elect